The PSA Higher Education Team are undertaking a number of workplace visits and public forums in February and early March across 18 colleges.
The impact on regional TAFEs of the Smart and Skilled reforms will be significant for both staff and the public.
Raising awareness and obtaining community support in regional centres is the start of an ongoing campaign to educate the people of NSW about what is at stake.
The plight of TAFE NSW and the attacks on education are being discussed along with details of the broader attacks on the NSW public sector, such as the NDIS.
The remaining dates are:
Friday 21 February 2014
Mt Druitt Campus (10.00- 11 am)
Richmond Campus (12.00- 1.00pm)
Wentworth Falls – public forum (5.00pm- 6.00pm)
Tuesday 25 February 2014
Leichhardt Town Hall – public forum (6 – 7.30pm)
- TAFE support staff enterprise bargaining bulletin 2
- TAFE support staff enterprise bargaining bulletin
- TAFE NSW apologises to students for enrolment delays caused by new software – ABC News
- Newcastle Hamilton TAFE rally
- TAFE Bulletin re Defending Public Services Doorknocking Campaign – 12 February 2015