Sydney TAFE announced on Tuesday 24 June 2014 a business reform proposal under the terms of a Sustainable Future.
As advised by Sydney TAFE, three areas have been identified to improve reputation, learning outcomes and efficiency in the delivery of teaching and learning support.
And those three key elements of the Business Reform are:
- align student experience to industry expectations
- adjust Teaching and Learning Support in areas of declining markets, falling enrolments and rationalised delivery; and
- create consistency of support and classifications in faculties across sites, within Sydney Institute.
However these business reforms come at a cost.
And that cost is:
- a loss of 79 positions within the areas of Teaching and Learning Support Staff; and
- a commencement date in Term Four.
Your union, the PSA/CPSU, will be holding meetings with TAFE support staff over the coming weeks.
For additional information please email:
Please circulate this update to all TAFE administrative and support staff.
Authorised by Steve Turner, Acting General Secretary, Public Service Association of NSW, 160 Clarence St Sydney 2000
- S Admin on VOTE NO TO THE ADMINISTRATIVE AND SUPPORT EMPLOYEES ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT
- tafe staff on TAFE VOTE NO PHOTOS
- Staff Union Member on TAFE VOTE NO PHOTOS
- MD Store on TAFE VOTE NO PHOTOS
- TAFE Admin Staff on VOTE NO TO THE ADMINISTRATIVE AND SUPPORT EMPLOYEES ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT